Creamy and Nourishing Honeynut Squash Oatmeal
The perfect breakfast oatmeal for your Fall morning!
- 2 cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons roasted honeynut squash purée
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- pinch salt
In a small saucepan, combine almond milk and salt and bring to a boil.
Add in oats and reduce to simmer. Stir occasionally until the oats have absorbed most of the liquid, about 5 minutes.
Once the oats have absorbed most of the liquid, remove from heat. Add in honeynut squash purée, dark brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir thoroughly to combine. Top with additional brown sugar and cinnamon as desired. Serve warm and enjoy!