This is my GO-TO granola when I want something to snack on that’s sweet but also guilt-free. It has the perfect balance of sweet and salty and the coconut flakes elevate the flavors and brings it all together. Did I also mention it’s grain-free, gluten-free, and low-carb?
Coconutty Grain-Free Granola
- 2 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste, can substitute for vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, I used Maldon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla bean paste. Mix well. Add in chopped almonds and pecans. Mix until nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Spread granola mixture onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine dried chopped cranberries and coconut flakes. Set aside.
- After about 10 minutes, take the granola mixture out and stir the dried cranberries and coconut flakes into the granola mixture. Spread evenly and flatten. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let granola cool at room temperature for 20 minutes. Break up granola using a wooden spatula and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy on top of yogurt or alone as a low-carb snack!